For over 45 years the Native Addictions Council Manitoba has been unique in that we use Traditional Practices in our additions treatment program. We employ a holistic concept of healing: Mind, Body and Spirit. They are geared to the recovery from substance abuse, as well as holistic recovery of one's life. List of some topics includes:
- Values and beliefs
- Grief and loss
- Prevention and recovery plan
Programs offered:The Native Addictions Council of Manitoba currently offers three programs as well as meetings that are open to the public. Outreach Programs - Outreach Program Brochure
- Outreach Closed Group This is a 7 week closed group that runs Monday through Thursday with Fridays being set aside for personal one on one counselling sessions. A family week program is held in the 6th week.
- Outreach Open Group This is an on-going group that takes place primarily in the evenings and weekends. Some participants are referred as a follow-up while others attend as part of a pre-treatment requirement for other programs. Individuals who are employed or need childcare may also be referred to the program. Counselling is available throughout this time.
Pritchard House - Pritchard House Program Brochure
This is a five week residential treatment program. Participants stay at the facility for the duration.
Cannabis Education Program
This is a new project which will provide Cannabis Education-Prevention for Indigenous people in Winnipeg and surrounding areas. There will be an emphasis on youth in the school system and those at risk of addictive behaviour. There will be workshops, circles and educational materials available. Details to follow.
Components and Services
- Individual Counselling
- Open AA Meetings (see schedule)
- Open NA Meetings (see schedule)
- Traditional Crafting Classes
- Open CA Meetings (see schedule)
- Native Language Classes (Cree, Ojibway, Sioux - depending on availability)
- Family Week (6th week)
- Anger Management (Monday evenings, once a month)
- Berry and Herb Picking excursions (depending on season)
- Traditional Learning Circles (Mondays are cultural days)
- Beach trips (in season)
- Traditional Ceremonies/Practices (depending on season)
Go to top